Saturday, February 13, 2010

Speed Scrap was a Blast

SPEED SCRAP was today and here is just a little of what we did and the fun we had. There certainly was alot of joking going on - much of it at my expense but it's OK girls - don't worry yourself to much - I can handle it - got BIG SHOULDERS YOU KNOW and lucky a big heart also. I'm convinced Cara (SweetTomato) made the speed scrap instructions with me in mind - Use of White Space and horrible journalling. LOL Both something I don't do very well and from the look of my layout below - I didn't achieve or follow instructions very well. Ha Ha, I get a little of my own back somehow. (smiling madly). However it was loads of fun and I can't wait for the next one.
Above a speed scrap layout this one by Phardy1945. Although a late attentie to the speed scrap she has waisted no time at all in getting her layout done using the kit: Wishful Thinking Collaboration Kit by Digidesignresort Crew found here. This kit is on a fabulous special right now for just $4.00 but really the best option is to make a $10 purchase in store (any products) and get it FREE. (Phardy1945 great to have you with us for the speed scrap - I sure hope you don't mind me featuring your fabulous layout here. Awesome work. Love it and hope to see much more of you around the forum and gallery. Cheers and hugs from Carena)
Victoria32 - our very own Helene come along to the Speed Scrap and was one of the first to upload her completed layout (pictured above). This is what she posted about her layout.

QUOTE: "Got mine done. I duplicated the larger photo, changed this layer to sepia color, added a gradient overlay using black white, and then changed the blend modes to soft light of the top 2 layers. I layered paper 6 over paper 5 and used an exclusion blend mode at 73% to get the green background paper."

The kit she has used is from Mistica Designs: I Love You kit. Isn't it a superb layout and Helene - I love your explaination on how you achieved your final result. Totally awesome - Well done and thanks so much for sharing your techniques with us. Way to go girl - you so totally rock. To see more layouts done in the speed scrap - see here.

As you can see - we had lots of fun - there is still time if you wish to join us - 24 hours to complete layout and you can find Cara's instructions here. Remember it is limited to 24 hour period - Thank you.
Todays freebie is made from the Kit: Softly Does it by Carena's Designs


This is my Speed Scrap layout using the kit. My daughter had recently had a Wacky Hair Day at school - Kinda like a mufty day where they pay 50cents to go dressed out of uniform but they had Wacky Hair Day instead, so she decided one night that I too should try out a different hair do. LOL This is her efforts on me and also on our cat Tizzey. She even got a pipe cleaner attached to her collar and made to stick up at the back. Lucky for her - it was black and not so obvious.


Digidesignresort Freebie today: Softly Does It Add On by Carena's Designs
News, freebies and resort antics brought to you by Carena's Designs. Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great fun at Cara's speed scrap. And WOW! Look at all the great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This blog post will be advertised on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today (look for timestamp: [14 Feb 01:00pm GMT]).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe i missed the speed scrap!!!
    Shame on me!!! I'm sure you had lots of fun! Cara is a great Speed Scrap Host and a wonderful designer!!

    Love and Scrapping!!!

    ReplyDelete